Your contacts will be pleased and flattered that you are displaying curiosity and an interest in their company. In addition, they will expect you to have at least some information about it. So it’s up to you to gather as much information about it as possible, online, through your professors, your acquaintances, and so on.
- Go to the company’s website and research the company itself (what type of company is it (microbusiness, SME, large corporation or multinational)? can you find key data such as turnover, number of employees, type of business, etc.?).
- Find the company’s internal and external organizational charts online.
- Have you looked into how to get to your placement’s location and the building where you will be working?
- If accessible online, what useful information can you find about the company’s history (important people, founders, product development, etc.)?
- If accessible online, are there any myths about the company’s history?